Saturday, May 26, 2012

#12 of 14 The Reasons We Dream What We Dream Post

Oh man...
Just woke up from a nap at work today... 
And realized I needed to put out my #12 favorite post..


And you know.... I was having the best DREAM...
In it I was running Facebook...
Yep!


 And I had added a "Get over yourself" button...
... right next to the "like" button...
It was freekin genius!!


But whatever Steve!!
 (get over yourself) 


And post the new post...
Ok....


Here it is......  the #12 post...
The Reasons We Dream What We Dream Post






Today we are gonna get right to it. 
We are gonna talking about dreaming..... 


 SO...... if you could maybe put some pants on? 
( Cause come on!! Kids read this blog too!!?)
 And get ready...
We could get started.....
Ready?
O.K.?
O.K.....


Ah...... DREAMING!!!!
That wonderful time when you close your tired eyes.... 
and slip into a wonderful dreamland....
A land all your own.....
A land where you are in control....
A land where if you are like me.....


....its full of a beach full of freekin Doritos!
Mmmm!


A land where your dreams are but small windows into your subconscious.....
And I guess some bigger windows too?


You see dreams teach us about our fears......


Like that common fear... 
of one day Disney turning evil...
 and destroying the other amusement parks!


Or dreams tell us a little bit about.... 
our most secret desires......


Like maybe that Princess Leia fantasy...
 your inner nerd has always secretly desired! 



Which coincidentally is exactly this next guys recurring dream.....




 But regrettably in public?
Come on buddy!!


Uh .... lets move on!!!




Now... what I really wanted to talk about today was....
"Why do we all have the dreams we have?"
So.... I woke up various sleeping people I knew and asked them...
And after many of  their varied (and angry) responses... 
 one response stood out!


She said..... "Exactly WHERE you sleep impacts the kind of dreams you have .... now STOP watching me sleep Steve!" 


Huh?.....  So for example....


The dream of falling.... This is greatly helped by.....


The kind of bed you are sleeping on........
and probably more importantly....


The kind of angry (cheated on) wife you have....
You know... the one with the scissors?
That just makes sense!!!


Or the dream of somehow being naked and totally embarrassed...






My sources tell me..... That 9 out of 10 times those dreams often happen the evening of the office Christmas party......


And after all the bad decisions you made there!!!




Oh........  and what about that super common dream of being in jail you ask?


Ya..... no that's probably just cause you are actually in jail.....
Sorry inmate and frequent reader #247811!




But what else.... Well according to more people I woke up.... 
There are a few more of the "Most Common Dreams"....

For example..... There's the dream of loosing your TEETH!! 
I guess its pretty common?
Man that would suck...... who dreams of that?




People who get this ring do!!!


Or people who get ready for the wedding in one of these......do!


Then theres the dream of BEING STUCK....... 
where you cant move....


Often a common dream for freeway gridlock nappers......
Makes sense!! 




And then theres the dream of snakes!!!!! 
And I personally would hate this one......




But so did this infant when he was having it!!


And then theres that "dream of seeing different images in your coffee cup".... dream!!!!!


Like this .... which clearly symbolizes.....

Wait!!!!
This is just a cheap way to get a nude photo of coffee into this post..
I apologize.... and am oddly kinda thirsty..
 moving on......




But whatever......let me leave you all with the last couple popular dreams and what they mean.....


Theres the flying dream.....


Which often means..... wake up stupid.... you passed out skydiving!!!




And the dream of being underwater or swimming..... 
Now..... if you have this dream it either means.....


You sleep in this awesome aquarium room...... 
or..... 
sadly.....


You went home next to this guy!!!



And on that note....
Happy dreaming.....
And blog ya'll later!

6 comments:

  1. I dreamed about being eaten. Then I woke up and found out I was a bag of Doritos.

    Okay, really? The other night something tried to eat me! I have a spider bite on my left boob.

    Explain that, smartass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dreamed about many a things, naked being one of them, never embarrassed though haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite picture was Disney going evil lol... that was hilarious. And my favourite dream to have are flying dreams! Just love them :-)

    I'm not sure if you'll have time to do it - but there's a vote going on at Pish Posh's blog

    http://www.the-pish-posh.com/2012/05/week-12.html

    to see which of her Get Fit Challenge contestants wins a Kindle. It would be awesome if you felt like dropping by and giving me your vote.

    You just have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and right before the comment section you'll see the contestants' images with a little "vote" link under each. Would love for you to click the one under Lady in Red! Voting ends Monday morning. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some pretty fun common dreams and what they mean out there. It sometimes can make me a little sad that my dreams really are random and vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often dream about bears ;D what is that all about? lol ;D

    nice post ;)

    ReplyDelete